Infection Prevention and Control Measures
- Keep hands clean and wash hands properly. Alcohol-based handrub is also effective when hands are not visibly soiled.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth in order to avoid spreading germs.
- Wash hands promptly with liquid soap if they become contaminated after sneezing or coughing.
- Cover nose and mouth using the crook of the arm when sneezing or coughing in order to avoid contamination of the hands, which more easily transfer germs.
- Always dispose of used tissues in provided rubbish bins.
- Wear a surgical mask if symptoms described above develop.
- Ensure good indoor ventilation.
- Avoid crowded places with poor ventilation if feeling unwell.
It is also important to ensure effective preventive measures are being taken at home by maintaining a hygienic household. In this respect, we ask that parents assist us by reminding their children to observe a high degree of personal hygiene and:
- monitoring temperature daily and keeping sick children at home until symptoms have improved and fever has subsided.
- informing the school immediately if children are sick or have been admitted to hospital
- cooperating with the school by picking up children not feeling well from school and consulting a doctor immediately
- providing children with tissues and reminding them to dispose of them once used in available rubbish bin