Official Notice Period
- Parents wishing to withdraw their children from GSIS must submit written notice directly to the Principal of the German Swiss International School a minimum of 60 days before the student’s last day at GSIS, excluding the months of July and August. Heads of Department and Class Teachers cannot accept withdrawal notices, whether confirmed or provisional.
- Written notice of less than 60 days will be subject to a pro-rated late notice levy (based on the applicable school fee), which will be deducted from the value of the debenture held for the relevant student upon redemption.
- The school reserves the right to deduct outstanding school fees and other unpaid invoices from the value of the debenture held as well.
- With the exception of the period from 1 May until 30 June, GSIS accepts a provisional notice of withdrawal in situations where it is not certain whether the student will continue on at GSIS.
- If a student subsequently leaves the school after a provisional withdrawal has been submitted, the date of the receipt of the provisional withdrawal notification will be used as the basis for notice period calculations.
- Notices of provisional withdrawal not confirmed by 30 April will be cancelled by the school, as it will be assumed that the student is staying on at GSIS in the following school year. If it is subsequently decided that a student will not continue on at GSIS in the next school year, a new notice of withdrawal must be submitted and is subject to the same terms and conditions outlined under the section Official Notice Period above, including the pro-rated late notice levy.
- Provisional withdrawals can be revoked at any time if it is decided that the student will stay on at GSIS. Written notice must be submitted directly to the Principal of the German Swiss International School.