Prior to your application, an admissions pack with relevant school information will be made available to you.
English Stream: Kindergarten and Primary
For applications to the English Stream Kindergarten and Primary School please use our Online Application System. In order to gain access and to retrieve the admissions pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s full name and date of birth.
German Stream (Kindergarten to Secondary) and English Secondary
For applications to the German Stream and English Stream Secondary School please use our Online Application System. In order to gain access and to retrieve the admissions pack please email email@example.com with your child’s full name and date of birth.
Interested parents and their children will have the opportunity of a guided tour of the school premises to get an impression of GSIS (German Swiss International School). Please call the Admissions Officer in charge to arrange for an appointment at least two weeks in advance, if possible.
The school will acknowledge receipt of the application and, subject to all details being completed, will place the student on the waiting list / database. Arrangements will be made for an entrance test or to offer a place as appropriate.
Admission ConditionsA general condition for enrolment is the ability to follow classes in either German or English. The following deadlines apply:
- German Stream
- English Stream
Children must have turned three (3) years of age by 1 September of the year of entry
- English Stream Primary
- German Stream Pre-School (DVOR)
Children must have turned five (5) years of age by 1 September of the year of entry
If places are available in the German Stream Kindergarten children aged 2 years 8 months can be enrolled. Children have to be toilet-trained.
Admissions PriorityProvided that places are available in the English Stream and following a successful entrance assessment, the school’s current admissions policy for either the German or the English Stream gives priority to applicants as follows:
- German, Swiss or Austrian nationals
- Siblings currently attending GSIS
- Parent is a teacher at GSIS
- Former GSIS Student
- Existing, vacant debenture-holders
- The date of receipt of a complete application
The school, however, reserves the right to decide whether or not a child is mature enough to join the school. Please note that in the English Stream, Kindergarten and Primary, the priority system may also be applied when inviting applicants for an entrance assessment.
Attention is drawn to the required debenture information in the application. Incomplete debenture details of a vacant debenture or lack of confirmation from the registered corporate debenture holder will place the application in priority ‘6’.
English Stream: Kindergarten and Year One Primary School
Candidates for the English Stream Kindergarten and Y01 will be assessed individually, but within a group of up to eight children. The assessment schedule begins in January for entry in August of the same year.
English Stream: Primary
English Primary Y02 to Y06 applicants will be invited to attend a test between February to May. The interview for candidates for Y02 onwards will consist of a written test for English and Mathematics and verbal English.
English Stream: Secondary
Potential candidates of the English Secondary Department for the following school year will be invited for an entrance test and/or interview in January and February of the same year.
- Please note that all assessed papers are kept confidential. They remain the property of GSIS and will not be released to any party. No examples of the test papers are available prior to the examination.
- When a vacancy arises during the year, the next applicant in line will be contacted to determine if continued interest in a place still exists. If so, a new entrance test and/or interview may be arranged before the place is confirmed.
Offer of a Place
- Once a place has been offered in either, the German and English Stream, the allocation or purchase of a debenture must be finalized within the deadline specified in the offer letter.
- The Principal of GSIS has the final approval of any admission.
- Provided certain criteria is met, changing streams is possible at GSIS. Please contact the relevant Admissions Officer for further information.
- In accordance with regulations of the Education Department and Immigration Department all students joining GSIS must be in possession of a valid Hong Kong ID card allowing unconditional stay or must have a valid passport with authorized residency status to be eligible for a place at GSIS. A visitor visa does not entitle the holder to attend any school in Hong Kong.
- Please note that it is mandatory for all students at the Pok Fu Lam Campus to use the school bus.
Admissions DisclaimerFor the avoidance of doubt, nothing contained in this information and related documents shall constitute an offer by German Swiss International School Association Limited. German Swiss International School Association Limited shall have the absolute discretion to decide whether to offer a vacancy to a particular candidate. The information contained herein and in the related documents (including but not limited to the class availability, timetables and locations of classes) may be changed from time to time by the German Swiss International School Association Limited.