GSIS Young Author, Annabel (Y02) publishes second book and donates to Teach for China

After publishing her very first book, Lying Mike, in 2015 at the age of six, Annabel went on to write her second book, Beautiful Land and Other Stories this year, with many more humorous and interesting stories for young readers in Hong Kong. Not only does Annabel possess a talent for writing, she also has a kind heart and donates all proceeds from sales of the book to Teach for China, an NGO dedicated to bringing quality education to children in China.

We had the opportunity to talk with Annabel about her source of inspiration, joys in writing and the next steps for her upcoming work.

GSIS: Where do you get your inspiration for the stories?

Annabel: I get inspiration from Julia Donaldson books and she writes about how you should treat others. She is my favourite author and I have all of her series.

GSIS: Which one is your favourite story in Beautiful Land and Other Stories and why?

Annabel: My favourite story is Walter and the Giant Watermelon because it’s funny and I like to write funny stories. Walter and the Giant Watermelon was a very old story that I wrote before Lying Mike, but I found it again and then I started doing adjustments to it and it became part of the book.

GSIS: What kind of stories do you like to write about?

Annabel: I write about stories with morals and also funny stories. I came up with all of the names of the characters myself. Once, I wanted to name a dog Shredder because I think it’s a cool name.

GSIS: Do you have any plans to write another book?

Annabel: I plan to write a novel that is way thicker next time.

GSIS: Why do you think it is important for children to go to school?

Annabel: It’s important because they can get good grades and go to good universities.

GSIS: What advice would you give to people who want to accomplish their dreams?

Annabel: My advice for people who want to accomplish something in their lives is “Keep trying.”

Thank you Annabel for telling us about your book and for being an inspiration to those who want to fulfil their goals in life. We can’t wait for your next book to be published already!

Details on Beautiful Land and Other Stories

ISBN: 978-988-77188-0-2
Publisher: Elephant Community Press Ltd.
Publishing Year: 2016
www.elephantcommunitypress.com

Home
Contact Us

German Swiss International School 德瑞國際學校