The following information is for parents and pupils regarding PE lessons and School Sports Teams for 2013-2014.
Please feel free to contact any relevant member of staff by email if you have any further questions about the lessons or team training.
PROGRAMMES IN THE SCHOOL
PE lessons are taught in the school from Year 7 to Year 10 and then again in Year 12. The Year 11 and Year 13 programme is conducted outside of the school at different venues in Hong Kong. In addition we also run a GCSE course in Year 12 and Year 13 for students who want to extend their practical and theoretical knowledge of PE at GCSE level.
PE lessons for K05 – K13 are all taught in school.
School team training will run in the school and at different sporting venues close to the school throughout the year. In some sports the competitions are divided into Senior and Junior leagues, which run at different times of the year. These teams and training sessions are open to students from both Streams.
In general, team training continues throughout the year and is conducted at school as well as in nearby venues ie Happy Valley. However the Year 11 and Year 13 PE programme is conducted outside the school every Friday afternoon using a variety of venues. More information about this programme will follow.
EXPECTATIONS FOR LESSONS
- Students are expected to be punctual and wear the PE uniform during all lessons; this uniform is available from the school shop. If students wish to wear extra clothing in winter, only tracksuits are allowed.
- Students who participate in hockey lessons/ training are also strongly advised to purchase a mouth guard. Shin guards for hockey/soccer are available at school.
- Pupils should change their clothing after PE lessons for personal hygiene.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Sports Hall, however students may bring in water bottles to the lessons.
- Personal belongings such as mobile phones, wallets should be kept secure. It is suggested that pupils keep all valuables in their lockers before PE classes.
- Pupils are expected to attend every lesson. If illness or injury prevents this, then a letter from parents/guardian or Doctor is required to be given to the teacher at the start of the lesson.