The GSIS English Primary Department offers a distinct educational experience where every student is respected as an individual and learns to value and respect others. We believe that our safe, nurturing and supportive learning environment enables each student to develop a strong moral sense and spirit of co-operation and consideration for others. We nurture this through our five Guiding Principles of Respect, Intellectual Inquiry for Understanding, Positive Relationships, Courage and Optimism. We consider this a valuable part of a students’ 21st Century educational experience and place it academic success of equal importance.
Our English Primary department has classes from Year One to Year Six with two classes in each year band. The curriculum taught at GSIS emphasises the enjoyment of learning and the mastery of skills; all content areas integrated across the curriculum subjects whenever appropriate.
Our teachers come from diverse countries- including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand- and that diversity in culture and teaching methods adds significantly to the richness of the education our students receive. Members of staff are encouraged to undertake professional development to keep abreast of the latest educational philosophies.
Aims and Objectives
GSIS aims to:
- Foster the development of every student, catering for different needs, abilities and aptitudes.
- Develop each student’s full potential and encourage the pursuit of excellence.
- Enable children to prosper from an all-round development in academic and social skills.
- Ensure the attainment of a high level of competence in knowledge and skills including literacy, mathematics, etc
- Cultivate good learning habits and a positive attitude towards life.
- Foster curiosity and an interest in learning
- Build the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.
- Develop habits of initiative and persistence
- Help develop self-esteem