At GSIS, we are committed to embracing and developing teacher talent and leadership.
Educators at GSIS are encouraged to undertake regular professional development to keep abreast of the latest educational philosophies as well as being highly professional and capable 21st Century educators who ‘stretch’ students’ understandings of the world around them so that they develop into globally responsible citizens.
Workshops and conferences are conducted either in-house or hosted by other international schools or educational institutions.
Here is a list of workshops and conferences our educators have had the privilege of attending:
- Hawker Brownlow Leadership Conference – Melbourne, Australia
- 21st Century Learning Conference – Hong Kong
- Exploring the Reggio Emilia Approach – Singapore
- International Brain and Mind Expo – Hong Kong
- Orff Schulwerk Approach weekend workshop (Jim Santi Owens) – Hong Kong
- MLATS workshop (Mathematics Learning & Teaching for Success) – Hong Kong
- EARCOS Weekend Workshops (East Asian Regional Council of Schools)
- Nelson Reading and Writing Workshop – Hong Kong