All knowledge and wonder is a pleasure in itself.
Have courage to use your own understanding.
At the German Swiss International School we encourage and foster the talents of our students – as well-rounded individuals, responsible team members and open-minded citizens of the 21st century. We help our students explore the traditions that surround, shape and enrich us: the worlds of the German and English-speaking countries as well as of our host country China.
We offer education in two parallel streams, leading to internationally recognised diplomas. Our school comprises all levels from kindergarten through to secondary school and business college. We cooperate. We share. We learn from each other.
We are a centre of educational excellence, within a vibrant, creative and caring community.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES (GERMAN STREAM)
1. We are part of the network of German International Schools in the Asia-Pacific region (The mission statement of German International Schools in the Asia Pacific).
2. We work towards the German International Abitur, which gives access to leading universities around the world.
3. We promote multilingualism. We provide an environment in which students of diverse backgrounds learn to communicate effectively in English and German.
4. We provide enrichment through a range of extra-curricular activities that form an integral part of our school programme.
5. We offer Putonghua. We encourage cultural exchange with our Chinese environment.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES (ENGLISH STREAM)
1. We are a selective international school offering a rigorous and challenging learning environment to students from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
2. We strive for academic excellence and prepare our students for leading universities around the world. We are undergoing a gradual transition from the A and AS level examinations to the International Baccalaureate diploma*.
3. We function in an English as a First Language environment. We promote multilingualism and put particular emphasis on the learning of German, working towards the German Sprachdiplom I and II examinations.
4. We provide enrichment through the wide range of extra-curricular activities that form an integral part of our school programme.
5. We offer Putonghua and aim to deepen our students’ understanding of the environment and culture of China.
* The first IB diploma examinations are planned for 2015.