- Parents wishing to withdraw their children from GSIS must submit written notice to the Principal a minimum of 60 days before the student’s last day at GSIS, excluding the months of July and August.
- Written notice of less than 60 days will be subject to a late notice levy.
Written notification of withdrawal received less than 60 days in advance of the leaving date will be subject to a late notice levy calculated based on the number of days the written notification is late. For example, if a withdrawal is received 40 days before the leaving date, then 20 days of levy will be invoiced.
- In cases of outstanding school fees and other unpaid invoices, the school reserves the right to withhold the student’s school report.
- GSIS accepts a provisional notice of withdrawal up until 30 April in cases where it is not certain whether the student will continue on at GSIS.
- If the student subsequently leaves the school after a provisional withdrawal has been submitted, the date of the receipt of the provisional withdrawal notification will be used as the basis for notice-period calculations as described above.
- Provisional withdrawals confirmed after 30 April will be subject to a pro-rated late notice levy1. If a provisional withdrawal is not confirmed by the end of the school year, it will be assumed that the student is staying on at GSIS.
- Provisional withdrawals can be revoked at any time if it is decided that the student will stay on at GSIS.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
A leave of absence may be granted for up to one calendar year in any circumstances where students are to be temporarily absent from school for a length of time. Debenture top-ups and school fee payments are waived during the student’s leave of absence.
SETTLEMENT OF OUTSTANDING INVOICES
Please ensure that all textbooks, library books and other property of GSIS are returned before your child leaves GSIS. In cases of outstanding school fees and other unpaid invoices, the school reserves the right to withhold the student’s school report. Provided all items belonging to GSIS are returned and outstanding financial matters settled, a leaving certificate will be handed out to your child on the last school day.
NEW CONTACT ADDRESS
Please let us know a forwarding address so that we may contact you if necessary, send you yearbooks and enrol you into GSIS alumni program.
The redemption of Standard Debentures is subject to Clause 6 of the school’s debenture conditions. Debentures issued in an employer’s name may only be presented for redemption during February or September in any year. In principle and where applicable, debentures can only be presented for redemption after the relevant student has left the school and all outstanding charges have been paid to the GSIS Association Ltd. Any outstanding amount may be deducted from the face value of the debenture as per debenture conditions.
Should you wish to redeem your debenture, please submit the original debenture certificate with a short letter requesting redemption to:
German Swiss International School Foundation Ltd
Mr Raymond Keung
11 Guildford Road
The Peak, Hong Kong
If you cannot submit the debenture form, please complete the Statutory Declaration Undertaking and Indemnity form authenticated by a solicitor, returning it to us for processing.